Saturday, May 29, 2010

Oh dear.

And so it begins.

I've been on a path for a while to regain my body. For the past two years I've slowly lost quite a bit of weight and slowly slowly gotten slightly in shape. but I've felt stuck in the past few months. My son works with some guys who have gone through and are going through this program. I looked at it and thought - this is for young people...oh well. We will each make the progress that we make, right? At 51 I am a bit slower to recover, to change and I have less energy. But I have more patience, hope and fortitude than ever. So those are strengths that I can use.

And I'm part of this community - 7 individual scattered around the globe who are about to step onto the same path and we will walk together for three months. Maybe stumble and sometimes fall down but we will do it together. That feels like such a gift!

Tara, Royce, Naoko, Kowhai, Jenny and Elena - and Patrick - I am already grateful for you!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Deborah! Grateful for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto! Woop woop for our team!
    Also, I think that patience, hope and fortitude are probably the most important strengths you can have, going into this process. So you're totally set up for success!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CAN'T WAIT! You already have the meryl glow about you!
    we'll all do fine/above fine/beyond reasonably fine.

    LET'S ROCK IT....we still need that team name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll do great! Age has nothing to do with it! Also- your son is great to have around the store.

    ReplyDelete