Saturday, July 17, 2010

Saturday

The lady in the center of this picture is Edith Mikkelsen. She's 100 years old. She has always been active. Thin. I went to visit her, she lives in her own home, her son recently came to live with her, and she was doing her taxes. She said, "Don't tell anyone, I don't want to do anybody else's!" Notice she doesn't wear glasses.

Now to me.

Yesterday I felt sick - not in the regular way like the flu or a cold. But deeply tired to the point that I simply couldn't do regular things. So I rested today. Ate carefully. Drank a lot of water. Am feeling much better! Still a little tired but not that overwhelming feeling that I could hardly walk up the one flight of stairs to my apartment.

Facing the valley. Took pictures today but couldn't figure out how to link it with flickr. They don't look much different although I've continued to lose weight this week. Man I have so much weight to lose. There must be muscles under there some where.... Where?

Hard not to get discouraged. I might only be half way through, however, so I'd better get healthy.



3 comments:

  1. Let's get your flickr up and running again! Will work on it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deborah, take good care of yourself and I hope you'll feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That woman is amazing! :) No glasses? Fantastic.

    As for you, beautiful lady, keep your head up! Best to listen to your body. Don't let the valley conquer you! You are strong and we are here for you.

    ReplyDelete