Thursday, July 15, 2010

Thursday Heat Wave



I have always found four leaf clovers.

It is 90 degrees and almost 8pm. I went over to the park bench. Stretching, sweating, swearing, etc... you know the drill.

Why, I asked myself, have I always found four leaf clovers?

Well, I said, panting, because I look for them.

Duh, I answered wittily.

Seriously. I don't look for 3 leaf clovers I only look for ones with 4 leaves. It saves so much time.

So then I started doing my training and my looking and I realized that (big drum roll) looking at 3 leaf clovers and despairing at how many of them exist is like focusing on how many jumps I can't do or how far I am from perfection in general. There is much imperfection in me. Like 3 leaf clovers, my imperfection populates my life. Why focus on it? I'm not interested in finding that!

I want the perfect moments.
I want 4 leaf clovers.
I want the 3 sets of lunges I CAN do. I want the 38 seconds of the plank that I DO manage.

Tonight I found eleven 4 leaf clovers.


Oh - awesome food today - chicken with corn (stripped off the cob) grilled onions and garlic. And a bit of rice. And some avocado.



3 comments:

  1. Wow, Deb. I love your writing! You are absolutely right. I'm going to go do my workout and look for some (metaphorical) four-leaf clovers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE thinking about you and these four-leaf clovers. It's one of my peaceful thoughts I've been coming back to, ever since you posted about it before. Also- please write a book of poems.

    ReplyDelete