Monday, August 9, 2010

Cholesterol Drops Dramatically!

This is a photo my father took of a beautiful fall day in Vermont.

Today I had my yearly physical.

My doctor started by asking me to describe my daily diet. I smiled. I told her.

Huh, she said, that explains it. Your cholesterol has dropped from 214 to 141. Which, she said flashing a big smile, is phenomenal!

Now the specific numbers for the good/bad cholesterol were a little odd - the good cholesterol HDL was low (35 in a range of 33-125 higher being better) that is usually not a good sign but I did a little research online and it looks like one of the side effects of weight loss is an adjustment in HDL. It takes a little time evidently for the body to adjust and sometimes HDL numbers can be thrown off. The bad cholesterol LDL was okay dropping from 120 to 81.

That is hard evidence of the effectiveness of PCP.

I also weighed 145 at the doctor's office - a lower reading than my bathroom scale. But if that is true I've lost 20 pounds.

PCP results
52 year old woman
Lost 20 pounds
Total Cholesterol goes from 214 to 141
Able to exercise much much longer and better than when she started
Now looks at legs in mirror
Wears dresses and shirts that are sleeveless


One note - when I woke up this morning, after the fish and chips incident, I felt more groggy and out of it than I have for a long time. I slept an hour later than I usually do.

Wow am I motivated!!!!

Life is good.

I am so grateful for all of you - for this program and also kind of a little proud of myself.




6 comments:

  1. Awesome stats, Deborah. Who knows what else you can do in a month?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should DEFINITELY be proud of yourself!!! amazing stats, Deborah!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is proof positive of all your hard work - go Deborah!!! You have earned a new spot on the wellness scale. Be PROUD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deborah, that is amazing news. Makes me wish I had gotten some of those tests done before starting PCP just so I could know how much things have changed.

    We can see your external changes but there are good things going on inside that we can't see as easily. Thank you for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thats great news Deborah! that must be great motivation and you should be so proud of what youv accomplished! woohoo! that photo is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete