Monday, August 16, 2010

The Third Indulgence

pizza.jpg




My son ordered a large pizza last night. Feta and garlic and sundried tomatoes. And cheese.


Before PCP my major protein was cheese.


So I indulged. I ate 2 huge slices. Yum. Very salty. Feta is salty. It was good. What can I say. I also had a couple of slices of cheese at the after church "treat" table. The other choices there were brownies and coffee cake.


Cheese.


Will I go back to it? Maybe in moderation. But I much prefer the way lean meat and fish makes me feel.


My body is unaddicted now and longing for good things. I want to keep it that way.


I haven't lost any weight this week. Actually I've gained, I think. At the doctor's office I actually weighed 145 - I've never weighed that little on my own scale. I was down to 148 - but now back to 150. Hard not to focus on the numbers.


Monday morning. Not much time left with you all. But the lifestyle is going to continue for me.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a delicious indulgence. You're right, it's nice to enjoy something like that once in a while but other things make me feel better. I haven't done my indulgence yet but now I'm actually starting to dread it a little bit, hearing how other people felt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on digesting a weight gain. But try on some old clothes and you will be surprised! Also, drink lots of water in the days after that salty indulgence - you're probably retaining extra water because of that.
    So glad you've really internalized this new way of eating!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weight = NOT IMPORTANT.

    Numbers are meaningless, how do your pants fit, HOW DO YOU FEEEEEEEEL?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely - numbers are meaningless. I actually don't want to lose any more. I feel good at this weight. Strong and centered. I feel like this is my body.

    Wow. I'm back to MY BODY>>>>>>>

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do much prefer the way lean meat and fish makes me feel, too!

    I worried about my weight being the same for long time, but my colleague saw me after 2 months vacation said that I look good so I feel good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. DEBORAH YOU'RE GORGEOUS!

    WORK THAT PIZZA!

    but not as hard as you work that fishies!

    ReplyDelete