Monday, August 30, 2010

Final Post



The flesh has changed but more than that, as my PCP comrades understand, my body is my own again. In the first picture, which is I admit a fairly dreadful picture, I was so ashamed to be "seen in this body." As if it were not even mine. Yes I had been working on losing weight, and had lost over 25 pounds in the year previous. But what has changed is not just my weight loss but who I am.

This program has brought me back to myself.

Through a combination of common sense diet, simple (and hard) exercise, and the support of incredible people who live around the world, I was able to make decisions that lead me back to life.

Look at this elegant babe:



Naoko, my sweet age mate.
Royce, shooting star blazing and gone.
Elena, elegant striving New Yorker.
Jenny, honest, beautiful yearning young woman.
Kowhai, down under loyal, plain speaking achiever.
Tara, mother, eloquent thinker, posting essays each time.

Patrick, stern Zen master.

My eternal thanks for walking this journey with me.

May the road rise to meet us
May the wind be always at our back
May you remember that we are never alone
while we still have the courage to reach out
To strive for the Peak.

Much love,

Deborah





11 comments:

  1. Awww yeah! Hop on that bike and take off into a bright future! COMPLETE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing. Simply amazing. Your final flickr batch tells such a story! Congratulations, Deborah. You are beautiful, through and through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb, you look amazing! yep, beautiful. its been great being on this journey with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ride into that abyss, Deborah. I am cheering you on, always.
    (and, I hope to see you soon in NYC!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful !

    So beautiful !

    Your words and your pictures !

    Someday I'd like to meet you and chat with a glass of wine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic dress! And I love the plaid shirt photo, too--you look so confident and happy. Congratulations on 90 days and a personal revolution.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Deborah. You look amazing and it sounds like you feel 1000 times better than you look. Congratulations on getting your body back and making it yours again. Just think what the future holds now that your body and mind are on the same page.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to go Deborah! Looks and sounds like you ruled the project.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Deborah, it has been a pleasure getting to know you. Truly. Thank you for all your kind words to me and to all of us. Congratulations to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have been extra helpful throughout all this AND I'll always remember it darling. YOU LOOK FANTASTIC. so Vogue next to that BIKE

    ReplyDelete