Sunday, August 8, 2010

Sinday

Okay serious indulgence today. I admit, confess, I am not hard enough on myself about the exercises. I am a wimp. But the diet I am very serious about actually. I have done some eating out but made good choices - only had a couple glasses of wine this whole time.


Today however, I had breakfast very early and then did my work stuff, including meeting with a dear man in my church who just found out he has lung and bone cancer. It was a long day and finally it was 4pm and I was driving the hour back to our apartment. I hadn't eaten anything all day. There was the restaurant. There was the menu. Dying of hunger was I. Ordered Fish and Chips. An indulgence.


It as great. Yum. Well done. Very crispy. Good fish. Then I got back in the car shaking my head at all the reports of how indulgences make you feel ill and sleepy and sick and all that. Not me, I thought. I have an iron stomach. Plus it was good.


15 minutes down the highway something inside began to rebel. It pushed it prodded it was very very annoyed at this heavy greasy lump of food. I felt waves of sleepiness, nausea, and general ickyness run through my body.


And I only ate about half of what was on the plate.


Man.


Man oh man.


Lesson learned.


Whew!







3 comments:

  1. mm fish n chips! yep its good to experience that - I want to try stay away from takeaways from now on, only limit it to those times when thats all there is. Could you please send me those knee stretches when ya have a spare moment? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stomach is a pristine biologically balanced zone now. You won't be able to take a load of grease and salt without some training first. Work you way up to fish and chips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH DEAR deborah, You dont know indulgence till you read about my weekend ( which ill post about on my final pcp post on the blog, which i decided would be sept 23rd of all dates, haha"

    I'm surprised im still breathing, let alone back on the PCP...jump ropes feel like home now.

    ReplyDelete