Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Did the exercises. I don't think I have jumped rope in 40 years. I forgot how. Two feet? One? Oh Patrick you are going to be so sorry you let me into this program. That's what I am thinking as I'm skipping rope on the lawn out in front of the apartment buildings. Luckily I'm next to the fire station, I think, panting, so if I have a heart attack some good looking stud of a fireman will come over and save me. The last time through the 50 was tough. I did 10 at a time. With the other exercises I started to think "Oh I've just got to get through this and get it over with" but I stopped myself. No. Not this time. This time I'm going to go slow and feel it. So I don't do it perfectly. I'll do it as well as I can and feel my body - my muscles - my own weight - as I do them. I didn't try and ignore the effort but simply paid attention to what my body was experiencing. A wave of warmth has filled me now that I have finished. I feel very relaxed. This is going to be all right.

One jump at a time.


3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you successfully made the mind-body connection during your workout today. AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I like the meditative aspect you threw in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deborah - just saw your comment on Royce's blog. I assure you, the rest of us are not skipping away like jumprope pros! this morning (day 2) I somehow hit myself in the face with my rope, and i was all ready to make it to 50 on the first set without tripping up - only got to 11. but we're all going to improve, I'm sure of it!

    ReplyDelete