Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Nine

Day Nine

Supper: chicken poached in onions/garlic/lemon juice/rosemary with little carrots and broccoli. Yum yum yum.

Got some good info on my knee from a PCP veteran. Lots of stretching needed. Evidently it can get better! Who knew. So I'm feeling much more hopeful today. I did some jumping but not too much. I decided to dance - just kind of crazy dance to Stevie Wonder for about 15 minutes - with lots of arms and not too much jumping on my knee. It was really fun. I got nice and winded and even sweat a little bit! Patrick will come up with something to substitute if I don't get better quickly but for today - I'm okay. I did some extra situps and leg up things.

And took my picture. What drama - camera not working - lots of technical difficulties but mostly my own uncomfortableness with my body. So I sat down once I actually got a picture that was not too dark and looked at myself. All right I'm chubby. I look a little like a cheap russian mail order bride. The look on my face is one of "I hope no one sees this." But you know what - I'm all there - it's me - every lump comes from some experience - every pound of me is hard earned. And I could look a lot worse. I'm not going to hate my body. It's a good body and I'm glad to be in it. Am I brave to show my stomach with all its buddha like softness? Yes. Like someone's mother (Elena? Tara?) noted - in typical American woman fashion - it takes courage to show oneself if one doesn't look like a fricking fashion model. My stomach may not always be so soft but I thank it for going through operations as a kid and having a kid as an adult and for being mine all these years.

That said, it will be fun to see if I can regain some strength and muscle and solidity along with the soft feminine curves of my body.

We shall see.

Good peaking everyone.



2 comments:

  1. I think you look adorable in your picture! Good for you for putting it out there and for loving yourself in any shape or form. That's definitely part of the PEAK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm super-impressed with your picture! And I agree -- I have to remind myself that part of the reason I have a soft belly is because my body gave me a beautiful child. It may never look the same as it did before having a baby, and that's okay. There's a lot we CAN do to change things, though, and we're doing it!

    ReplyDelete