Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The picture

The 15th day. I took the dreaded picture. I actually see some improvement. Seriously. Not tons but some. I am feeling pretty good these days. Now that my knee isn't hurting - I am kind of bounding up steps. Feeling stronger in general. I like eating all the chicken and turkey and tuna. Yum. I also started taking iron after my doctor told my iron stores were low.

Had a wonderful lunch. Stewed lots of onions and garlic in a touch of olive oil (the trick is to cook them for a long time very very slowly) added pieces of turkey and chipolte peppers (canned). Put it on some rice. Oh my gosh. Yum.

You know when you go on a big hike and when you get there you pull out the freeze dried beans and raisins and they taste like the best thing in the world? I think this diet is kind of like that with me. I'm hungry. It's healthy. It's there. And it tastes so good! My taste buds are getting accustomed.

I've had a tough week emotionally and I can feel myself wanting to self-soothe..to calm ...to make it all better...by eating something and curling up in a ball and not moving. I can see it. That is a great victory right there. To be aware of my pattern. Wow.

Thank you all for being out there some where.

One day at a time.

Deb

7 comments:

  1. Nice! You'll only feel the difference more and more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awareness, or mindfulness, is HUGE! it's so good to recognize those patterns - and so hard. i'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your lunch sounds awesome! Making a note of it right now...

    And, yes, honey, we are out here...suffering/acheiving/learning right along with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't obsess over the pics week to week, just keep exercising and eating, you'll keep feeling better and lighter and stronger, then one day a few weeks down the road you'll look at your photostream and sway WOW...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't tried anything cooked yet, but now im crraving soft onions. delicious dinner! success success succes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmm yep your lunch sounds good! i dont think turkey is a big thing here. Im not sure if ive tried before actually. does it taste like chicken?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Turkey is not big in Japan either. You can only buy them at Christmas time and they are frozen.
    I am enjoying my meals, too.

    ReplyDelete