Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Tuesday Day 8 Week two oh forgot to take picture

It's late and I just realized I forgot to take a picture. The first one was so traumatic that I'm sure I've blocked out taking any more. I'll do it in the morning. However lumpy and huge my body looks I must remember that it is pretty great to have all four limbs and the ability to run around and feel and all that.

Speaking of which, I did all my exercises, except for the jumping and the inclining thing. Don't have a bar yet. I jumped about 100 again - my knee is still hurting quite a bit. Not sure if I should push past the pain. In the moment it seemed like my body was yelling at me to stop. I'm pretty sore in general but most of it is a good kind of sore. So I came back inside and did some more situps and pushups to make up for the lack of bounding around like a happy little rabbit.

Wow am I full. Feast after famine! I feel good. I like being full. I did not have the afternoon snack. But I ate good food - broccoli, rice, eggs, good wholegrain bread, apple, milk, edamame, black beans. I feel great. No sugar. No salt. I seasoned the edamame with grated ginger and some lemon. They were a little weird but it was okay. Black beans were cooked with onion, garlic and chipolte peppers. Yum.

Feeling good.


8 comments:

  1. Chipotle peppers! Good idea. I put a jalapeno in mine...it was not a spicy one. Next time, chipotle!

    Keep pushing through, Deb! I say listen to your body, but then again, I'm not the expert.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're in real pain we can do some other exercises in place of the jumprope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. keep it up! you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had knee pain for a couple weeks, it eventually subsided. It was the kind that lasted all day. I've come to the conclusion that I have a bad knee, because it still comes back to me often, but the workouts have strengthened them and I rarely feel the pain anymore.

    (Obviously this may not be the case for you, but I thought I'd share my knee story.)

    Good luck! Keep with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Mikhael. Yeah I've been limping around. By the way, I'm Moses' mom... I'm sure that it will heal - but I'm not sure whether to simply rest it or keep going with the jumping. We'll see how the next few days go!

    Thanks Mikhael for doing this program! It sounds like the Small Dog staff is getting fit and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's always tough to figure out what to do when you're having pain during exercise. For me, there's a fine line between "pushing beyond what I thought I could do" and "too much too fast" and causing damage. My meditation teacher always reminded me "not too loose, not too tight" and I find that helpful in many things.

    You're absolutely right about being grateful to have all four limbs, etc. When I was training for my first 5K about a year ago (and mostly hating it) I kept reminding myself how lucky I was to be ABLE to run at all, even if I didn't like it. That helped somewhat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here's my saga about jump ropes and knees:

    http://thepeakconditionproject-e.blogspot.com/2009_08_01_archive.html

    You can do it! My knees believe in you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Edamame. I should try with grated ginger and lemon!

    ReplyDelete