Saturday, June 12, 2010

Mexican Restaurant

Last night I had a big challenge. I went out with a friend to a mexican restaurant. Big big big temptation....chips...margaritas...you know the whole thing...big bowls of cheese. All my old friends lined up in front of me.

Okay.

Confession.

I had a little bit of a margarita (with no salt) - just sipped a couple times from my friend's gigantic glass.

Otherwise - oh my I was am shall be the paragon of PCP virtue.

Not a chip.
Not a speck of cheese.

I ordered chicken and veggies - there was certainly some salt but not a lot - I ate the chicken and the surrounding onions and tomatoes. It was flavorful and I think not too off the beaten path.

Can you believe - not one chip!!!! Usually, and I am not kidding, I eat the whole basket. By myself. Preferably with a large bowl of melted cheese at my side. And two margaritas. And then cheese enchiladas with cheese on top.

I felt so proud of myself! And I think I had an impact on my friend. She kind of bypassed the chips and only ate half of her huge platter of dinner. I told her all about the diet and she seemed quite impressed by my sudden ability to make good choices.

Ha!

7 comments:

  1. Wow, congratulations on making it thru a super tempting situation, Deborah!! I also used to eat the whole basket of chips by myself, no problem, at mexican restaurants. tortilla chips are a huge weakness for me! So, I'm really impressed with you!
    Also - it's wonderful that your friend was supportive and also maybe taking your example to heart a bit. I think that will be a great side effect of the PCP, when we inspire others to prioritize their health and be mindful themselves. Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done. The margaritas and chips are the ultimate temptation, but if you break it down, Mexican food can actually be relatively PCP friendly...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job, Deb! Also, a confession, I had a spoonful of peach ice cream and one of peach sorbet, both homemade. Yum!! :)

    And, just to reassure you, I am still sore, too. Mostly in my shoulders, wow, I have weak shoulders. But, you ain't in it alone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahahaha I used to eat like a whole bag of tortilla chips a DAY! congrats on getting through the meal without one! doing SUPERB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, congratulation! I will be in the same situation in July when I attend my Junior High School Reunion! I remember how your get through the meal and give positive influences to my friends who are all 52/53 years old!!
    You're great model to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Passing up the chips and salsa on the table is some serious work! One of the best things about going to a Mexican restaurant. So you are totally amazing for getting through that successfully!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yep i agree! good job on the no chip eating, that mustv been tough! we just have to remember it will get easier!

    ReplyDelete