Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Wednesday

Okay. Temptations very serious last night - did have a glass of wine. But thankfully went to a greek restaurant and had lemon chicken with veggies. Probably more salt than needed on it - but it was healthy and I felt great!!

Walked miles today. Through Central Park - to the Metropolitan Museum of Art.

I love this city.

There are lots of healthy places here - seriously. Salads galore. Thai/Greek/chicken wraps at the deli...all kinds of good stuff. And everyone is exercising. (Well... I was in the park... there are some incredibly buff middle aged women running around. I can do it too!)

One nice moment - I was coming down from the roof garden at the MET and the stairwells were walled with mirrors. I caught sight of my legs - and I actually did a double take because there was some muscle there! Some actual (albeit slight) definition. Wow. I watched my calf muscles all the way down the stairs. HAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


6 comments:

  1. I think it's pretty tough to be on vacation and still doing your PCP -- usually that's when we make the worst choices. You're right, though, that NYC has a lot of healthy options.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for loving NYC and all the walking! Can't wait to meet up tomorrow, Deborah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to your CALF MUSCLES!!!!!!

    I will be in NYC in 2 weeks ! I can't wait !

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha AHHH! i'm so jealous! New York...My dream Home...one day...one day...CONGRATS ON THE CALVES!

    ReplyDelete
  5. im jelous too! i cant wait to see the big apple! ooh id like a glass of wine. woohoo calf muscles!

    ReplyDelete