Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Monday Tuesday in the big city

I'm in the big city. (Elena I'm in your city!!!) NYC. Having a wonderful time with friends and absolutely surrounded by temptations galore - bagels, french restaurants with cheese platters, wine, sangria, cuban food...ay yi yi.

I have given in a tiny bit - had cuban food last night - but ate a very moderate amount and mostly meat and vegetables.

I must say, in my defense, that my stress level has fallen to a negative 8. I am a lump of happy relaxed flesh. That's got to be good for a person. And my old friends are all very complimentary about how healthy I look and about the PCP thing.

Exercising I'm holding up fairly well on - still keeping the jumping fairly low - I think it is just who I am - but adding walking. We must have walked 50 blocks yesterday.

So... no camera with me. Augh. I'll take a pic when I get back on Saturday.

Happy vacationing energy to everyone.


5 comments:

  1. One great thing about NYC is that there are lots of places with "make your own" salads -- or you tell the guy behind the counter what to put in it. And yes, the walking! I am convinced that the years I lived in NYC without a car kept an extra 10-15 pounds off. Up and down the subway stairs, carrying the groceries home, the bus doesn't show up so I just walk the 20 blocks instead... Enjoy your time there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deborah I wrote you an email (to your pcp account) - maybe we can meet for coffee!?! Cool to be in the same city, either way! (If you see a pink bike rolling around, holler out my name as it might be me!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. NYC, boy, I did a lot of eating of good foods while I was there...I do not envy your temptations. But, I'm impressed at your willpower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy the big city!
    I love NYC. I can walk all day and not get bored.

    ReplyDelete