Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sunday Morning Ouch

Woke in the night with a very sore left knee. This morning I had to limp around. I have decided not to jump today but I did double exercises. Half this morning and the other half I finished this afternoon.

We had children's day at church and a big picnic potluck afterwards. Luckily there were some healthy things (unusual...) like watermelon, tomatoes, broccoli salad and deviled eggs. I had a small plate and am feeling pretty energetic although my knee is still hurting.

Of course I'm over reacting - thinking that I am much too out of shape to do this program... I used to be pretty healthy and then had a rough patch in my life when I became kind of a recluse and ate a lot and fell into a big mudpit of sadness. That landed me in a not so good place. But I faced the music, decided to choose life and lost about 35-40 pounds in the past two years. I started exercising and have kept it pretty consistently 2-3 times a week. I'm proud of the progress I've made, considering where I've come from! Still... insecurity.

I will rest my knee.
I will take my time and do my best.
I am doing the best I can.

My little mantra - I'm doing the best I can.

Okay team. Thanks for being so very encouraging! I'll catch up...one step at a time.

Deb


6 comments:

  1. Insecurity is a tough demon to shake...but, keep on going, Deb! We are behind you 100%. Even if you don't do all sets of everything, what you do is progress. Push yourself but be kind to yourself, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The knee will get better. A sore knee in the first few weeks is the most common PCP complaint.

    Check E Whitmore's week one blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ice the knee and elevate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe in you! The successes you'll get from this will far outweigh any pain, i'm positive...and I haven't finished it myself. Push through, we have your back.
    stay strong and astonishing

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a rough patch when I broke up with my boyfriend last year. I used to do a lot of exercises and I had private work out class once a week but because of difficult relationship with people at my sports club (my boy friend is an instructor at the club) I quit everything. I knew it was not good for me at all but I just lost all my motivation that time. I lost confidence, muscles, friends and I gained weight.
    But I am happy now that I met PCP and do my work out and share my blog with people all over the places! This is great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone. I'm soaking up the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete