Thursday, June 24, 2010

Elena and Thursday

Meet Elena, the lioness (sleek and strong - emerging one paw at a time...) today in the middle of the fashion district. We strode through lush lingering flora and fauna (flower district - Chelsea), across crowded streets, pushed through heavy glass doors into the hip coffee place (run by hard core totally cool dudes from Portland, Oregon) got our iced coffee (so legal on PCP) and stood at the window pouring out stories of jumping, sweating, not eating cheese, growing up, what life means, knees and men. Well. It was just great. That's all.

What a world.
What a world.

Elena is looking great. She's completely beautiful in that NYC kind of sophisticated, grounded, paying attention way and she's getting strong - expanding her horizons past salt and butter (the foundation of great restaurants).

My day was good - tons and tons of walking. It's hot as hell here. Ate really quite well if I do say so myself.

No wine, Patrick.
No whine.

Thanks all.

Cheerios from the girl on vacation in the big city.

3 comments:

  1. Deborah, you are such a poet! I noticed after I went back to the chaos of my office that you have an amazing calming effect - love that. It was so great to see you relaxed and enjoying your week so much; I think it brings out your lovely, natural beauty in a great way! Hope you're enjoying your last couple of days in NYC...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just think it's so exciting and wonderful that y'all got the chance to sit down and chat. :)

    You know, you're right about salt and butter being the foundation of great restaurants. Obviously, I never put a thought process on it till now, but I know that everything I loved and ordered at restaurants were heavily salted and buttered/oiled. How nice to be more conscious of it now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so nice that you and Elena could get together!

    "Healthalicious" 1594 2nd Ave. seems to serve PCP friendly food. I think I am going to visit there When I'm in the big city.

    ReplyDelete